This is another new experience for me. I have never written on a blog let alone have my own blogspot. I am a Grade5 teacher and have taught for many years in rural BC. This year I am assigned .4 teacher-librarian and .6 in the classroom. I love the Grade 5 curriculum and have always enjoyed incorporating themes as much as I can. This year I was able to keep my favourite subjects and I teach Language Arts, Social Studies, Art and Personal Planning. The part of the Social Studies curriculum that has evolved over the years is immigration to Canada during the 1800s. I have integrated all subject areas and the students complete research, write diaries and poetry and weave, quilt and folkdance. We have a wonderful Multi-cultural evening where all the projects are displayed for parents and the community.
I have always loved to read and I was one of those kids who read with a flashlight underneath the covers. The students in my class recognize my passion for literacy and I believe they are inspired by this. It was a natural assignment for me to take the library position. My friend who retired said that she knew I would love the job but that there was a lot to learn. Boy was she right!
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment